Explanation of how the pre-set campaigns have been created
How does it work?
We understand that the transition and setup of new campaigns can be time-consuming. To assist you as much as possible, we have already transferred your current campaign settings to the new environment. Based on this, we have created new campaigns in the updated environment. Below, we have provided an overview of the principles for the preset campaigns and explained how specific campaign settings work. Convenient, isn’t it?
What are the principles for the preset sponsored products campaign for you?
- We aim to prevent a decline in the sales of your products by ensuring that advertisements are not temporarily halted. Since we have transferred everything to the updated environment, all campaigns continue to run smoothly.
- By keeping the advertiser’s settings as consistent as possible, the intention of the campaigns remains the same for you.
- Only campaign settings will be copied; historical performance data will not be transferred to the updated environment. If you wish to retain this data, you can view and export it until November 1, 2024, from the current environment.
- New campaigns will only be created for active campaigns in the current environment, not for paused or archived campaigns. If you want paused campaigns to be created in the new environment, activate them before your preparation period starts (possibly with a very low daily limit to prevent delivery if you don’t want that, then set the status to stopped in the new environment).
- Archived ad groups, items, (excluded) keywords, and (excluded) categories will not be transferred. For example, an active campaign with two active items, one paused item, and five archived items in the current environment will appear in the new environment as one active campaign with two active items and one paused item.
- In the new environment, campaigns will automatically start on the go-live date because they are set up with the ‘active’ status and the start date of that day. If you do not want a specific campaign to start automatically on the go-live date, you can stop, archive, and/or adjust the start date of the campaign.
- If (excluded) keywords and/or (excluded) categories are not considered relevant by the new algorithms (i.e., have no chance of any outcome), they will not be transferred to the new environment (see specific campaign settings).
Principles for specific campaign settings:
- A campaign with targeting type “auto” and bidding type “manual by product” in the current environment will be converted into a manual campaign in the updated sponsored products environment with bidding per placement.
- Bids, previously per product, are now per placement (per keyword, per category page, and for product pages). We copy the lowest bid on a product from your current campaign and apply it as the bid per placement in your new campaign in the updated environment.
- To prevent overpaying for a click, consider adjusting your bids based on your preferences in the new campaign.
- For campaigns with automatic targeting in the current environment, relevant keywords and categories are matched based on the items in your campaign.
- Keywords are set based on the categories of those items, with category names converted to keywords with partial matches.
- Categories are set based on all linked categories of each item in the campaign (or per ad group when working with multiple ad groups in a campaign).
- Campaigns with manual targeting and automatic bidding in the current environment will be converted into automatic campaigns in the updated sponsored products environment.
- Campaigns with manual targeting and manual bidding on products in the current environment will be converted into manual campaigns with placement bids in the updated sponsored products environment.
- For campaigns in the current environment with more than 10 linked product groups, the top 10 performing product groups are created as ad groups in your new campaign in the updated environment.
- Ad groups can consist of a maximum of 5,000 products/items. If you have more than 5,000 items in one product group in the current environment, we take the top 5,000 based on historical click-through rates at the ad level, aggregated to the ad group level.
- A maximum of 100 (excluded) keywords can be added to an ad group. If you have more than 100 keywords in one campaign in the current environment, you will find only the 100 most relevant (excluded) keywords in the new environment.
- A maximum of 100 (excluded) categories can be added to an ad group. If you have more than 100 (excluded) categories in the current environment, you will find only the 100 most relevant (excluded) categories in the new environment.
- For excluded categories, relevance is determined by matching the product category of each migrated item with the specified excluded categories. Categories not matching with the migrated items are not included in the migration.
- The same approach is applied to (target) categories, considering only the categories where the migrated items/products are located.
We aim to make this transition as smooth as possible for you. If you have any questions, our team is ready to assist you. You can contact us at email@example.com